Regardless of industry, all products flowing into the United States and throughout the country will continue to be impacted by the recent supply chain issues. These issues are projected to result in massive time delays throughout the remainder of 2021 and into 2022. There are two main issues in the US at the moment, including:
- Congestion at the ports, and
- Labor shortage in the US to transport the freight.
Overview: California ports face record backlog, worsening supply chain concerns
- A record 70 cargo ships — carrying everything from furniture and electronics to toys — are facing delays at the ports, which handle 40% of the nation’s imports.
- The backlog is likely to inject more chaos into the holiday shopping season.
- Shipping traffic is up 50% from pre-pandemic levels.
- A shortage of trucks and drivers to transport the goods from the ports is adding to the concern that some store shelves may be empty during the holiday shopping season.
- There are on average about 16 available truckload shipments for every available truck to move product out of there.
Overview: Retailers Warn Supply Chain Issues Could Impact Holiday Shopping Season
- There are not enough port in the US to handle the 70+ cargo ships off the west coast.
- There are not enough containers and container ships to handle the volume of freight the US consumes.
- There is not enough labor to move and handle the products.
- There are not enough truck drivers to haul the products.
- There are not enough automotive repair parts to fix the trucks.
Omni International’s Promise
Omni is doing the best that we can and maintaining inventory levels. But we are not alone; every manufacturer and supplier will run into the same challenges and the same situations as we roll into December. From bikes to semi-conductor chips, to wooden furniture and gloves; they all come across the ocean and compete for boat space, they all get unloaded and compete to get picked up by a truck, and they all will suffer delays in the US with labor shortages, driver shortages, warehouse space shortages, and a massive backlog of everything.
Our promise to our customers is that we will do everything in our power to make sure you have your products as soon as possible. We recommend placing your glove orders in advance so that you can get them sooner rather than later.
About Omni International
Omni International’s focus is to import and market state-of-the-art products and to provide unparalleled service to our customers. We are proud to offer high-quality products designed to aid customers in the healthcare, food services, and industrial markets. To learn more about Omni International’s products, click here.